Picking and Choosing your Battles

Peace and Love

I pray that you are having an awesome day . I was thinking of growing up and how interesting it was living here . People would say strange things to me like "Why didn't you tell my your grandma was white ? Or where are you from all the time . It is interesting because even when I was a small child my grandmother told me that there were people that wont like you because of the color of your skin but it is okay because you are awesome. She told me about segregated restaurants and places . She told me that she did not have time for it and that you should never deny any part of your heritage. She said we can cook our own food and make our own clothes and create whatever we want. Then my mother told me about the Native American Boarding schools and I thought to myself WOW . Really ? I thought about the man in Rosewood who said I aint going NOWHere and I said to myself sometimes it is just better to cut your losses and move on .I thought about Lloyd L Gaines who was born in 1911 and he sued The University of Missouri of St Louis and won because they did not want him to go to their school because he was African American . They say he had decided against it anyway because it was too dangerous and he started getting death threats. Then they just murdered him. He disappeared one day and they never saw him again.

It is so sad . It is just like when you hear people say I was the first person to walk at Walmart or McDonald's or anywhere. I say to myself why do they have to tell people they were the first ? One reason is because of oppression. Then you have the people who graduated and they said well thats nice baby but we do not hired colored people LOL . I said to myself If people had to vote for slavery in 2015 some people would still vote for it . If people do not want you to go to their school it is okay just think to yourself what is another alternative . My mother would always tell me places to stay away from certain places and the different demons in different places.It is so important to have a Divine Education. If you commit crimes rob , still and kill people you are probably going to get arrested . I'm just saying . I just refuse to be around things that are too crazy . I know how to go into a Zen moment wherever I am . I will not even engage in foolish conversations . I ask God to help me keep my mind focused and to have wisdom and to only fight battles worth fighting . YAY !

Love and Blessings

Karmen






































































Comments

Popular Posts